Buckeye Learning Burst
Trending Ideas – Quick and Curated
Grow your mind with the latest news on work-life, leadership, learning and much more curated from top sites and thought leaders.
Email email@example.com to recommend a topic or timely resource.
- Getting Started with Carmen Zoom
- CarmenZoom Instructions for Applicant
- Carmen Zoom Instructions for Scheduling Interviews
- Best Practices for Virtual Interviews
- Remote-Worker Onboarding Resource Packet
- Manager Checklist for Virtual Onboarding
- Virtual Performance Management Conversations
- How to Make Virtual Meetings Work – 10 tips for successful remote meetings
- Virtual Interviewing: Strategies and Tips for Employees and Employers
- How to Get People to Actually Participate in Virtual Meetings
- 31 Things Successful People Do To Increase Their Productivity at Work
- The Case for Doing Nothing
- 6 Types of Music for Maximum Productivity, According to Science
- What the Science Says about Meeting Agendas May Surprise You. Plus an Alternative Approach That Could be a Game Changer
- The Differences Between Busy and Productive People
- 10 Quick Tips for Avoiding Distractions at Work
- How to Overcome Your (Checks Email) Distraction Habit
- Protect Your Time at Work by Setting Better Boundaries
- How to Break Up with Your Bad Habits
- Why doing the easy parts of your to-do list first can be a bad idea
Flexible work arrangements are becoming part of a modern work environment. Ohio State University currently has a flexible work policy 6.12) that allows employees to propose a flexible work arrangement. Colleges and units across campus have successfully navigated integrating flexible work into their workplace culture. Workplace flexibility provides a way to successfully manage people, time, space and workload. Studies have shown that flexible work arrangements can increase productivity, employee engagement and improve work-life balance. USAC has partnered with the President and Provost’s Council on Women (PPCW) to create a “Flex Work Toolkit,” to provide valuable resources that managers and employees across campus and the Medical Center can utilize when discussing flexible work arrangements. Click here to learn more.
- 10 Ways to Get the Boss to Trust You Completely
- Why Managing Up is a Skill You Need
- Design Patterns for Managing Up: Four challenging work situations and how to handle them
New INTERNAL professional development resources:
- Disabilities Etiquette: A 90-minute workshop examining stereotypes associated with common disabilities and offering tips on respectful etiquette and language.
- Speak with Ease: A four-hour workshop to enhance practical speaking skills for everyday work life.
A website for new employees
- New Employee Onboarding: An online guide for new Buckeyes as they transition into their roles, with practical suggestions for their first week through their first year.
Online learning opportunities
- Buckeye Learning Burst: Quick and curated trending ideas. Current topics include emotional intelligence at work, resilience and inclusive leadership.
- Diversity Basics: A 20-minute online course providing historical context and interactive scenarios for understanding diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Build Resiliency: Articles, assessments, and tips to help you move toward greater well-being and away from stress.